On New Year’s Eve morning, I had no idea what to bring to the party Kiefer and I were going to. I thought of just making a good standby recipe, but…I have a reputation to uphold.
Imaginary Conversation with Friend: “Oh. You made Orange Dreamsicle cookies…again.”
Imaginary Thoughtsy: I know…I FAILED!
Then…I saw it.
A cookie so colorful, so glittery, so sprinkley—it was perfect!
Behold, the Unicorn Poop Cookie.
Here’s how you make a unicorn poop cookie:
- Enlist the help of children. Unicorns like children.
- Have the children call out, “Here unicorny-corny! I have treats!”
- Feed the unicorn a lot of Fruity Pebble treats. A lot.
- Give each child a bag.
- Wait some more.
- Tell the unicorn to “Go potty!”
- Instruct the children to walk behind the unicorn and bag the unicorn droppings.
- Make sure the children wash their hands when they’re done.
Boo and Radley are now expert unicorn poop baggers if you’d like to borrow them. You’ll have to pay them, of course, since there are child labor laws. They would probably accept cookies as payment.
Oooooooor…you can whip up some sugar cookie dough (I added cherry vanilla flavoring to change it up)…
- Separate it and dye it with neon food coloring. The boys and I wore sandwich bags on our hands to avoid coloring our skin.
- Refrigerate the for 30 minutes or so.
- Roll each color into a snake.
- Twist the dough snakes together.
- Wrap the dough in a circle.
- Bake at 375 for about 8 minutes.
- Decorate cooled cookies with confetti icing gel, glitter sprinkles, and gold star sprinkles.
You can do it however you want, but the first scenario has less clean up and involves a real unicorn. Just sayin’….
Favorite Comment From Last Post: “No, he did not call you fat, of course. He called you PHAT. That’s street for totally bitchin’, or so I’m told.”—Pegoleg