On New Year’s Day, I watched the movie New Year’s Eve. Yes, I know I should have watched the movie on New Year’s Eve, but I was busy…sleeping.
That’s right. I said it. At midnight I was tucked away safely dozing in my bed.
Going to a crowded bar, being squashed against complete strangers, and waiting forever to get a drink is not my idea of fun.
And I can’t watch the ball drop on television because watching TV rots your brain.
My idea of a great New Year’s Eve is dressing up, going out for a couple hours, and then coming home and changing into my PJs around 10:30 or 11.
Anyways…Here’s what I learned from the movie:
- The first ball dropped in Times Square in 1907.
- SOL means “Something Out of Luck.” What is “something?” SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT “SOMETHING” IS!
- If a man gets down on one knee, he’s either proposing or he’s been shot.
- Eating anchovies makes pregnant women go into labor.
- New Year’s Eve is about hope…and partying.
Unless you’re me. Then it’s about sleeping.
Welcome to 2013!
Favorite Comment From Last Post: “I don’t know what’s higher on the doggie hit parade—catbox almond roca or underwear. Wait, I forgot plastic tampon applicators….”—PrttynPnk