Everybody talks about nesting when you’re pregnant. Translation: You’re suddenly no longer exhausted, and you start cleaning and organizing everything.
Since I’m already an organized person, this worried Kiefer who is the procrastinator in our relationship. For example, we had this conversation last month:
Thoughtsy: When are you going to put the changing table and crib together?
Kiefer: Sometime in the next 4 months.
Thoughtsy: So the changing table this weekend and the crib next weekend?
Because I don’t want to annoy Kiefer too much, I’ve tried to remember that
3 months 77 days is plenty of time to get everything done.
But what if she comes a week early? That’s only 70 days. THAT IS NOT ENOUGH TIME!
With Kiefer traveling for 2 weeks, I decided to do everything while he was gone. My list included:
Wash all baby clothes, blankets, etc.
- Wash everyone else’s laundry (the boys usually do their own) and finally match all the socks or throw out all the lonely socks.
Reorganize the kitchen cabinets.
- Clean out and reorganize all of my drawers.
- Organize all of the baby’s stuff.
- Finish decorating the nursery.
- Write and mail thank you cards.
- Wrap all of the Christmas presents.
- Start decorating for Christmas.
See how I’ve crossed off two things? I didn’t really take into account that with Kiefer gone…
- I’m the only one who can walk Ozzy 3-4 times a day.
- Sometimes I’m the only one who can run Boo and Radley to basketball practice.
- Laundry is neverending.
- Although I’ve written all the thank you cards, I need to actually remember to get stamps to mail them.
And then we got 8 inches of snow and then another 4 inches the next day, so I had to shovel…a lot.
And it’s hard to do all of that with my new 8 PM bedtime. I guess I’ll wait till Kiefer gets back to nest.
Favorite Comments From Last Post:
- “Why are we supposed to like those stupid-ly-stupid-stupid baby shower games just cuz we have ladybits? Do any ladies you know actually like them? I CALL CONSPIRACY.”—Nikki B
- “The punch wasn’t a fail — it’s a sign of a good party when even the ducks are passed out face down in the punch bowl.”—PinotNinja