I know, I know. That may be the lamest title ever, but I just saw the last Harry Potter movie. Don’t hate.
Completing my 30 Before 30 List was one of the coolest things ever. Hence, the 35 Before 35 List.
Today I’m blogging crushing on the Thrill Seekers. Here are some of their first comments on my blog.
Angela Noelle: All these years of wishmaking, and now I find out I’ve been doing it wrong all along. Curses! I guess that’s why I don’t wear a C in bras or have a million dollars yet. I’m going to give this another try in…an hour and one minute.
Maura at 36 x 37: Oh, trust me. Being surrounded by boys myself, I totally “get” the whole concept of going off-the-charts girly when it’s time to throw down some gifts.
Save Sprinkles: Yum! I love coconut! Can I use real crack in place of nuts or chocolate chips?
Melanie: Camping isn’t too bad. Especially if you have air mattresses and a HUGE tent.
Holly: I can do the sit-ups but not push-ups. I just sort of flounder waving my arms around like a turtle that’s stuck on its back.
Some bloggers have their own lists as well. Cinderella Sleeps in the Snow has one; Tony has one; Classic has one, and Spinny and The Hipster are working on theirs (now you have to do it because I outted you.)
So what did I do that was awesome for my 30th Birthday?
- Went to Baltimore to see my favorite band.
- Invited my friends to a birthday party with cupcakes, a candy buffet, glow sticks, and tons of Christmas lights.
What didn’t I do?
- Didn’t have a hangover the day after the party.
Here are a few pics.
30 Before 30 List complete.
Happy Birthday to Me!
Today I’d like to introduce you to my blog spouse.
But first, a big thank you to everyone who proposed on Friday’s post Will You Marry My Blog?
It was a tough decision. So I brought in The Hipster to consult. It’s always good to get a second opinion.
Here are just a few of the proposals:
- Holly had a lot to offer: Pop-Tarts every day, candy, adopting an animal together, candy, and even searching for Pete the Penguin. Did I mention she had candy?
- FnkyBee got down on one knee (very romantic), threw in the you-complete-me Jerry Maguire quote, offered me bread twistie tie (very practical), and then said she’d “love me long time.” (At least it won’t be a sexless marriage.)
- Nikita, with big puppy dog eyes, almost got me with her promise to play with Esme.
- Marina, I was all yours until you said “prenup.”
- Spinny offered a new Pop-Tart ring every morning…Yum!
- BlissfulBritt offered Pop-Tarts and kittens. Sweetness and cuteness!
But one person’s proposal won me over. She said, “I promise…”
- To love, honor, and obey…
- To never make you shave your legs…
- To never steal your sangria.
And last but not least, she offered me a Pop-Tart ring. And since just the other week, I bought my blog-spouse-to-be a Pop-Tart engagement ring, I knew Amy was a perfect match.
Amy-Zombie-Princess-Leia, I would to be your blog wife. Thank you for helping me complete my 30 Before 30 List!
PS: Can we have a zombie wedding?
Here we are, just days before my 30th birthday, and Kiefer hasn’t proposed.
And that’s the only thing left to cross off my 30 Before 30 List. (Except do something awesome for my birthday, which I did, but I haven’t posted about because I’m still waiting for pics…from Kiefer’s camera. Hmph.)
So I’ve decided to take matters into my own hands. Starting now, I’m accepting applications for a blog husband or wife. Just like how people have a work husband or work wife.
Because it’s a blog husband or wife, you can still apply if you’re already married. Because it’s only pretend. Pre-tend. Got that? I just want to be perfectly clear because I don’t want anyone to be disappointed when they find out I’m not really going to marry them.
To apply to be a blog husband or wife….
- Leave a comment below explaining why you would be a wonderful blog husband/wife.
- Include a link to the ring that you would buy me. (I’ll totally accept rings from those little toy machines at the grocery store.)
After I pick a blog husband or wife, you’ll need to write a guest post for my blog. That’s all. After that, you’re free to flirt with other blogs.
Have a wonderful weekend ring shopping!
My 30 Before 30 List is complete…except for 1 thing. Which I…ahem (::cough, Kiefer, cough::)…have no control over.
While I’m waiting for
Kiefer someone to send me pics from my birthday party (Do you see a waiting theme developing here?), I thought I’d post my 35 Before 35 List for your perusing and approval.
I’ve mostly filled it in, but I left one blank.
One of the awesome-est things on the 30 Before 30 List was definitely Pet a Wolf, and that idea came from a reader, so I’m sure you can give me another idea for my 35 Before 35 List.
So go check it out and post some suggestions!