Before Scout came along, I wasn’t sure what I thought about breastfeeding, especially after someone told me it felt like your nipple was being slammed in a door, but breastfeeding is great for other reasons (besides nutritional value):
- When you’re tired of visitors, you can hide with the baby in another room and refuse to come out until they leave. Trust me: once the baby is gone, people go home.
- Your husband has to do the dishes or other chores.
- Breastfeeding forces you to sit down, relax, and watch a movie for a Movies Teach Us post…even if you only get to watch it in 20-minute segments.
Recently, I watched The Starving Games, which is a spoof of The Hunger Games. Here’s what I learned:
- People in the Capital dress funny because Lady Gaga was President.
- In the game lottery, enter names like Hugh Janus and Dean Gillberry. They’re funny when they’re announced.
- Kantmiss celebrates with a chest bump before volunteering to save her sister.
- Wedgies can cut you in half. Beware.
- You can put out an entire forest fire with a fire extinguisher.
- Angry birds attack in the Starving Games.
- Kantmiss is invited to join The Avengers.
And most importantly, Chuck Norris doesn’t have a catch phrase because catch phrases need him.*
*Anything about Chuck Norris is always the most important.
Favorite Comment From Last Post: “I fail to see how donut pants aren’t strategically positioned to be beside the Homer Simpson boxers….”—AbsentElemental