Recently, I’ve been pondering something, and I’ve come up with two hypotheses:
- Sexual harassment has scared people so much they’re afraid to compliment a woman’s eyes, hair, etc.
- I have the arms of a god.
I really want it to be #2. Here’s my proof:
- It all began years ago when a guy tried to pick me up by complimenting my arms. Seriously.
- Then JM complimented my arms at BlogHer.
- More arm compliments by Jules, Darla, and Jess in last month’s comments.
But now I have a new hypothesis. What if I’m just a very dull person? What if my arms are my only attractive trait? The only other things I receive compliments on are fake.
The other day at the gym, this conversation happened:
Gym Guy: You’re looking beautiful today. As always. You have the most perfectly shaped eyebrows.
Now seems like a good time to mention I don’t take compliments well. I end up (A) blushing and changing the subject, or (B) oversharing. Just saying, “Thank you” rarely happens.
Me: That’s because I pluck like crazy. Seriously, my real eyebrows are just short of a unibrow. ::face-palm::
Gym Guy: And your lashes are so long!
Me: They’re fake. I glue the extra eyebrows to the lashes. It’s all fake!
At least my hair is real. I might try brushing it this morning to see if anyone says anything.
Favorite Comment From Last Post: “Caption: I will cut you.”—Katie and a Blog