Recently, I went old school in my movie choices and watched the Garbage Pail Kids (Misty loves them). Somehow I managed to completely miss them while I was growing up. If you missed them, too, let me give you an image:
Garbage Pail Kids = Gross Cabbage Patch Kids
One pees his pants constantly; another farts constantly; one wipes her boogers all over everything…. You get the idea.
Here’s what I learned:
- Gwyneth Paltrow was completely unoriginal naming her child “Apple.” The girl in this movie is named “Tangerine.”
- You can get locked up for being too gross, too tall, too short, too old, and too fat (Ex. Santa. Sorry, no Christmas this year).
- Fashion in the 1980s was weird.
I also watched Tommy Boy. Let’s have a moment of silence for Chris Farley.
- Brothers don’t shake hands. They hug.
- Putting a fat man in a little coat is a bad idea.
- If Housekeeping asks to jerk you off, it’s probably not Housekeeping.
Next week you’re in for a real treat because I lined up some guest bloggers to do Movies Teach Us posts all week! Woo-hoo!
Favorite Comment From Last Post: “I thought it meant to enjoy the chocolate in the closet.”—April