I’d like to take this opportunity to make some of you feel old. I’m sorry.
Take comfort in the fact that some youngin’ will respond to this post with a comment like this: “Who?” And then I’ll feel old. Damn you, Karma.
I never watched the original Muppets movie. Because I wasn’t born yet. The only muppets I knew were the Muppet Babies…and any Muppet appearances on Sesame Street.
To me, Jim Henson = Dark Crystal.
Over the weekend, Kiefer, Boo, Radley, and I watched The Muppets. Here’s what I learned:
- It’s not illegal to kidnap Jack Black.
- If you’re the bad guy, you don’t have to laugh maniacally. You can just say, “Maniacal laugh!”
- You can’t drive from the United States to Paris because it’s too far…unless you travel by map.
- The first greatest gift is children.
- The second greatest gift is ice cream.
- The third greatest gift is laughter.
- Kermit is a member of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Most importantly, I learned something about Kiefer. He knows the words to the Muppet theme song. Whoa.
Favorite Comment From Last Post: “Now you’ve got an excuse. If the scale is registering a little higher than you would like, it’s just over-spray buildup.”—Pegoleg