I’m obsessed with Greek and Roman mythology. More than I’m obsessed with desserts. Ok…not more than desserts.
When I was in high school, I told my parents I wanted to major in Mythology in college. They said, “Not if you want us to pay for it.” Hmph. Way to squish my dreams.
To get a recent mythology fix, I watched Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. Here’s what I learned:
- Hades can totally pull off the Mick Jagger look.
- Don’t be alarmed when a man the size of a skyscraper walks out of the ocean. It’s just Poseidon.
- If your friend doesn’t change in the gym locker room, he probably has goat legs.
- A pen is a great weapon. Because it turns into a sword.
- It’s customary to give 2 weeks’ notice when it comes to war or sending Poseidon’s son to Tartarus.
Favorite Comment from Last Post: “I’ve never seen a happier place for a cat to live…excluding (of course) two millimeters from my face when I wake up in the morning.”—inurbase