When I was younger, I loved the movie Mermaids. I think I loved it because…
- Who doesn’t like mermaids?
- The 3 main female characters were brunettes. I’m a brunette. Finally! Sorry, blondies.
- Cher is in the movie and on the soundtrack.
- That caretaker guy was cute.
After rewatching the movie as an adult, here’s what I learned:
- You are allowed to be mad when your boss takes his wife on a trip instead of you, his mistress.
- Death is dwelling in the past or staying in one place too long.
- Cher thinks Bob Hoskins is sexy.
- Never have sex on sacred ground. Having sex in the bell tower is not a loophole and still counts as “sacred ground.”
- Putting a pumpkin on your child’s head is funny…especially when she falls over.
Most importantly, kissing a guy will not get you pregnant. Phew….