Dear College Professor,
This is an apology. When I wrote my master’s thesis on film noir and neo-noir, I completely missed a movie: Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I’m sorry I overlooked this movie. I hope that this Movies Teach Us post makes up for it.
Here’s what I learned from Who Framed Roger Rabbit:
- Cartoons are real in Hollywood.
- Never play Patty Cake with someone other than your significant other.
- Penguins can serve drinks…which means my dream of training a penguin to be a butler is possible!
- Hit people on the head with frying pans so they don’t get hurt.
- Booby traps are real.
- Jessica isn’t a true femme fatale. She’s not really bad, she was just drawn that way.
Most importantly, I learned that in the cartoon world, Hugh Heffner wouldn’t stand a chance. Baby Herman gets all the chicks.
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!