Sometimes you wanna go, where everybody knows your naaaame….
You’re singing the song, aren’t you?
Everybody has a favorite place. A place that you frequent. A place where the server knows your order.
- The coffee shop you stop at every morning.
- Where you go every Friday (or Monday through Friday) for happy hour.
- The bar where you watch the game.
- The fast food restaurant where your friend works so you order 2 tap waters and go through the drive-thru topless….
For Kiefer and I, our regular place is Yogi Castle.
If you’ve never been to Yogi Castle, this is what happens when you enter:
Worker: Have you been to Yogi Castle before?
Yogi Castle Newbie: No. I’ve never visited this fine establishment before, but Thoughtsy said you put crack in the frozen yogurt, so I had to check it out.
Worker: (explains that it’s self serve and you pay by weight) Let me know if I can get you any samples.
The other night Kiefer and I walked into our local Yogi Castle, and this happened:
The staff member smiled at us and nodded.
Kiefer: Aren’t you going to ask us if we’ve been here before and if we’d like to sample anything?
Staff member: Nah. I figure you know the drill by now.
Thoughtsy: Did he just call us fat?
As Kiefer and I ate our frozen yogurt (snickerdoodle with cookie dough, caramel syrup, and vanilla syrup), the manager dropped by our table to give us a complimentary bottle of water.
The place was packed. But only Kiefer and I got free water. Why? Because we’re regulars. As regular as your BMs. Well, maybe not that regular.
One week I went there 3 times in 6 days. Don’t judge me till you’ve tasted it. Once it hits your lips…. Mmmmm….
* 1. My frozen yogurt is never that pretty. 2. My frozen yogurt would not have fruit on it. 3. My frozen yogurt would have some form of chocolate on it.