Call me “old-fashioned,” but I like it when my boyfriend…
- Pays for my dinner.
- Washes my car.
- Fixes stuff around the house.
- Feeds me grapes while I lounge on the couch watching House or Supernatural.
Maybe I got a little carried away with that last one, but I like being taken care of sometimes. Not that I can’t take care of myself. I can.
For example, I’m perfectly capable of opening a box of Pop-Tarts. Bottles of water, however, continue to confound me. I can never get them open without tearing up my hand.
Anyways, I know it’s a two-way street. Here’s what I will do for you…
- Pay for your dinner sometimes.
- Help you wash your dishes.
- Fix your tie when it’s crooked.
- Help fold laundry (except the socks).
- Bring you a bowl of ice cream…with only a bite or two missing.
You know what I will not do? Pay your living expenses.
Lately, I’ve heard about some unmarried female friends, coworkers, and acquaintenances who pay for their boyfriend…and I don’t mean picking up the dinner check.
- One gal’s boyfriend lives with her rent- and utility-payment-free.
- Another friend was paying her boyfriend’s half of the rent (plus her half), taking care of his kids, as well as his child support while he was unemployed. Wait, not totally unemployed. I think he was pushing dope.
- Someone else covered her boyfriend’s rent while he was unemployed.
- A coworker recently said her live-in boyfriend is buying them new furniture. She said that’s the least he could do since she pays the mortgage. To that I say, “Are you getting new furniture every month?”
And this goes on for months. M-o-n-t-h-s.
I know the economy sucks. I know the unemployment rate is up. I know that by writing this post I’ve now jinxed myself and will probably lose my job and have to find a Sugar Daddy.
Except…I won’t. Because I’m a big girl (pull-ups and everything). I can take care of myself.
Ladies, if you have money to throw around, please feel free to send it my way.