Remember how I’m supposed to be dating myself?
Last weekend I checked off Take a long walk.
Only I changed it to Take a long, sweat-inducing hike because that allows for more dessert consumption.
Since I went hiking the same weekend as the Via Ferrata, I started out slow. First, I hiked the 1-mile moderate level trail, and then I hiked a 2-mile moderate trail.
How was it? Let’s just say I didn’t feel guilty about drinking a hot chocolate and eating 2 smores later that night.
Basically, my thought process during the hike went like this:
- Why am I starting out walking all downhill?
- ::slipping on leaves:: Stupid leaves.
- I can’t believe I’m still walking down hill.
- ::slipping on more leaves:: Stupid leaves. Maybe I shouldn’t have gone hiking by myself. I’m gonna slip and fall and die of exposure…and lack of Pop-Tarts. OMG I CAN’T BELIEVE I FORGOT POP-TARTS!
- Finally…an incline.
- Still going up.
- Still up? Seriously?
- Can’t…stop…. If I stop, I’ll never start again.
- Soooooo hot. Can I strip down and continue the hike nekkid?
I did stop once briefly to ponder wandering into this:
But I decided against it. Monsters live in places like that. And if not monsters, definitely something that bites.