Friday night Kiefer and I wandered over to Rams Head Live in Baltimore to see one of my favorite bands: Cowboy Mouth.
Jenny says, Turn off the radio. Jenny says, Turn off the lights….
And thus, I cross the first item off my 35 Before 35 List.
Kiefer and I have seen them 3 times in 3 years. That’s how awesome they are.
If you’re in the DC Metro area, you’ll be able to see them Sunday, June 26th at 3:45 at the BBQ Battle.
You’re going, right? Here’s what you need to know to see Cowboy Mouth:
- Bring a plastic red spoon or two. You get to throw them at the band during “Everybody Loves Jill.”
- Be prepared to clap…a lot.
- Be prepared to scream…a lot.
- Be prepared to catch flying objects. This band throws a lot of drumsticks and guitar picks.
Kiefer followed these rules, and that’s how he caught
me us a drumstick.
What you don’t need to do is look or act like one guy we saw at the concert fitting this description:
- Crazy puffy hair (before it got sweaty and stuck to his head).
- Soul patch.
- Unbuttoned shirt with a gray-hair-covered chest. (Dude…put it away.)
- Spilled his drink on people. (Dude…get a sippy cup.)
- Groped his girlfriend as well as other women and men in the nearby vicnity. (Bad touch!)