Kiefer and I’s 3-year anniversary is at the end of May.
3 years is the length of time I told Kiefer I would wait for a ring.
It’s been nearly 3 years…and no ring.
Not only is there no ring, but Kiefer and I aren’t even living together. Sure we’ve been talking about it…again. But I’m having one of those days where I just keep thinking: Talk is cheap.
Our relationship has been in the same spot for nearly 3 years.
Of course, there have been some huge steps:
- Meeting Kiefer’s family
- Spending the night at Kiefer’s house on nights he has the boys
- Coordinating with Boo and Radley’s mom to have the boys surprise Kiefer
- Me spending time with the boys without Kiefer
- Kiefer joking/hinting at us getting engaged
There are probably more I can’t think of right now. I don’t want to diminish the importance of these events because they are important.
But I’m also tired. Very, very tired.
- Tired of running back and forth between my house and Kiefer’s house multiple times a day.
- Tired of doing chores at my house and then doing the exact same thing at Kiefer’s because I feel bad doing nothing while he folds laundry, does dishes, etc.
- Tired of waiting in the same spot. Like I’m in a line and I’ll never make it to the front.
- Tired of having Kiefer change the subject if I bring up getting married.
- Tired of having people ask me when Kiefer and I are getting married.
- Tired of one day feeling like he’ll propose soon and the next day feeling like we’ll never get married.