When is the last time you went to a job interview? When is the last time you conducted an interview?
The last time I interviewed someone, he sent me an email a few days later asking me out on a date.
Step in your time machine (What? You don’t have one?), and go back to the 1940s.
Brace yourself. Here are just a few things to take into consideration when hiring a woman:
- Pick young married women. They’re less likely to be flirtatious. My jaw just dropped to the floor.
- Husky girls are more even tempered and efficient than their underweight sisters. Did you just call me fat?
- Retain a physician to give each woman you hire a special physical examination—one covering female conditions. Ex-squeeze me? Wait, don’t ex-squeeze me.
- Give every girl an adequate number of rest periods during the day. A girl has more confidence and is more efficient if she can keep her hair tidied, apply fresh lipstick, and wash her hands several times a day. Hmmm…So a 1940s lipstick break is equivalent to a 2011 smoking break? I should start wearing lipstick.
- Be reasonably considerate about using strong language around women. Say “Fudge” instead of the other “F” word….
You can read the all of the 11 tips here. (You’ll have to come back to 2011 for that. Maybe the 1990s…if you don’t mind dial up.)
Can you imagine finishing up an interview and then being told, “You seem like a good fit for this position. Now just put your feet in the stirrups to let our doctor examine you, and then we’ll move forward with the hiring process.”