With Thanksgiving being tomorrow, it’s important to give thanks (especially to the cook).
I know it’s easy to focus on all of that tasty food and forget about being thankful. That’s why I’m giving thanks now, so later I can give that huge plate of mashed potatoes and gravy my full attention.
Remember Randy from A Christmas Story? That’ll be me. Except there will be gravy. Lots and lots of gravy.
Here’s a list of things I am thankful for—ABC style:
- Apple pie with ice cream
- Blueberry muffins
- Esme (And Isabel and Teva)
- Family and friends
- Grandparents (As more of my friends’ grandparents pass away, I’m exceedingly grateful that all of mine are still alive and well.)
- Home (I love my new place with Blarney, but I love that my parents’ home is always open to me.)
- Ice cream
- Job (that I have one)
- Kiefer and the boys
- Mashed potatoes and gravy
- Oranges (Real ones, not chocolate ones.)
- Pop-Tarts (I know you saw this one coming.)
- Roommate (Blarney rocks!)
- Uranus (That planet always makes me giggle.)
- Velveteen rabbits (Awww….)
- Xanadu (Putting “xylophones”—the only X word I know—here just didn’t seem right.)
- You (My blog readers are [to quote The Unabridged Girl] awesomesauce.)
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!