Steps for a Legen–wait for it—Dary Costume
- Buy a copy of the Bro Code.
- Type up a letter that says: Dear Resident, The time we spent together, however long it was, meant the world to me. I would love to see you again, but unfortunately I cannot. You see, I am a ghost. I can only materialize once every decade, on the anniversary of my death. I chose to spend my one day among the living with you, sweet resident. Perhaps we will meet again, in another decade–provided you keep your figure. Until then, all my love from the beyond, Barney.
- Practice saying things like:
- Haaaave you met Ted?
- True story.
- In my body, where the same gland should be, there’s a second awesome gland instead.
- When I get sad, I stop being sad and get awesome instead.
- Suit up!*
*Barney Stinson Costume Variations: Penguin, Maverick from Top Gun, Old Man Barney
So I decided to do a blog costume contest. You don’t have to dress up as Barney. Any costume works.
I’ve been blogging about Halloween since August, so you have no excuse for not being prepared.
How do you enter?
- Post a picture of you in costume on your blog.
- The day after Halloween I’ll set up a Call for Submissions blog post for you to comment on and post the link to your costume.
After viewing all the costumes, I’ll pick a winner. I can do that. It’s my blog. Maybe I’ll get Blarney and Kiefer to help me judge.
I’ll post the best costume on my blog and send you a prize in the mail. (The prize will probably be cheesy.)