I spend so much of my free time reading that it seems only right to dedicate one post to a few of my favorites (in no particular order).
Let me start by saying I love books. The books on my shelves are alphabetized because I’m super organized like that. I’m a wannabe librarian. Once I have my own house, I’ll have a room only for books…and my Supersac will be dead center, so you can grab a book and then curl up on the beanbag to read.
Without further ado…my list:
- Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin: I love all of her books, but this one is my favorite.
- The Queen’s Fool by Philippa Gregory: I never thought I would like historical fiction, but I like some of her books.
- The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen.
- The Red Tent by Anita Diamant.
- Foxfire by Joyce Carol Oates: I like a lot of Oates’ books, and you should also check out the movie.
- I Was a Teenage Fairy by Francesca Lia Block: I love so many of her books, but this was the first one I read, and it holds a special place in my heart. Her writing uses lots of fun, descriptive language! I even remember when I bought this book: Mr. Booth’s high school English class on our Towson field trip.
- Mirror, Mirror by Gregory Maguire: Yes, I enjoyed Wicked (the musical, too), but I liked this book better. Don’t waste your time on Lost.
- Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling: I can’t pick just one. Read them all.
- Mercy and Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult: I can’t choose which I like more.
- Twilight Saga: I struggled with whether or not to put this on here. I know a lot of people are tired of hearing about it, and the writing isn’t terrific, but I liked the story…so there.
You should immediately read all of these or…we can’t be friends anymore. Seriously. Ok, not seriously.
I’m always looking for something else to read, so feel free to post suggestions.