Lately, when I go shopping, occasionally I’ll pick something up and wonder if I’m too old for it.
Am I too old for glitter on my clothing? Am I too old for scratch-n-sniff? Am I too old for Happy Bunny and CareBears? Am I too old for blue or sparkly nail polish?
So in case I need to reference it later, here’s my list of things I’ll hopefully never be too old for.
- Adding about 5 (or more) toppings or mix-ins to my ice cream.
- Eating Doritos. And licking the powder off my fingers.
- Visiting the pet store and playing with puppies and kittens.
- Buying clothes from the Juniors Dept. (When I was younger, I was too heavy to wear these. So now, as long as they fit, I’m going to wear them. I also buy clothes from Misses, so I mix it up.)
- Spilling stuff on my clothes. (Oh, how I wish I could outgrow this one.)
- Reading children’s books. The Poky Little Puppy will reign forever!
- Wearing glitter makeup on special occasions.
- Watching cartoons. Primarily Lilo and Stitch and A Bug’s Life.
- Dressing up for Halloween.
- Ordering fruity alcoholic drinks with fun names, like ‘Tic Tac” and “Peachy Pirate.”
- Thinking zombies are cooler than ninjas.
- Crushing on Johnny Depp.
Actually some of these are things that I might only be able to get away with for the next 5 years, so maybe I’d better soak them up now.
Anything to add?