Since I don’t have any kids, I wasn’t sure what to make of Boo and Radley when Kiefer and I first started dating.
To be safe, I followed the no-touching rule because I envisioned Kiefer and I holding hands, and one of them screaming, “DON’T TOUCH DADDY!”
But that never happened. This is what happened:
- Boo asked me to throw the ball with him.
- Radley showed me his Pokemon cards.
- Boo and I made cookies.
- Radley crawled into my lap during movies.
- Boo squeezed my hand while Kiefer dislodged a seashell splinter from his foot.
- Radley napped with me on Christmas Day.
With Kiefer and I looking at houses, I’m still worried. Because now I’m envisioning this happening:
Me: Boo, please don’t throw the ball in the house.
Boo: You’re not my mother!
And my divorced/remarried friends warned me that’s gonna happen. “You’re going to have THAT FIGHT,” they said.
Not a fight about throwing a ball in the house. A fight about me not being their mother.
Has anyone had that fight?
Favorite Comment From Last Post: “This post made me want to take a bite out of an adult movie. Wait. That came out wrong.”—Go Guilty Pleasures