Initially, I was caught up in the Twilight book hype.
Then the movies started coming out, and I lost interest…but I still see the movies because I’m still extremely interested in Taylor Lautner becoming my Cabana boy.
But now I’m returning to my roots. To a movie about vampires who…
- Can’t resist the taste of blood.
- Can’t survive sunlight.
- Will eat you.
And most importantly, vampires who do not flippin’ sparkle. Sparkle? Seriously?
Vampires look like this:
I watched From Dusk Till Dawn. Here are some of my thoughts:
- Young George Clooney. Le sigh.
- They stopped at a gas station for a map? Whoa…this movie is old.
- Quentin Tarantino movies always have amazing soundtracks. That song in the post title is stuck in my head.
- Salma Hayek is a vampire stripper.
- I thought Cheech was typecast, but he can also portray a vampire/Border guard/pimp/criminal.
- Don’t judge someone whose name is “Sex Machine.” He’s on your side…until he becomes a vampire.
- In 1996, people said, “hunky dory.” Let’s bring that back.
But the most important thing that I learned is that if you’re defenseless against vampires, a pencil to the heart works just as well as a wooden stake.
Do you think it has to be a #2 pencil?